Questions to think about for tomorrow’s message: “The Christian and Politics”
- Should Government obligate or mandate a state or national religion?
- Should Christians vote only for Christian candidates?
- Is there a time when a Christian shouldn’t vote at all?
- Is it a sin not to vote?
- When is civil disobedience allowed or permissible? Can you provide an example/s?
- What is separation of church and state according to the constitution?
- Is all government evil and of the devil?
- Should we just focus on evangelism and forget politics?
- What is the difference between Liberalism and conservatism?
- Should we just focus on politics and get rid of evangelistic efforts?
- Should government exclude religion from everything?
- What is the obligation of all Christian citizens?
- Should pastors teach on political issues?
- Is the Constitution a living document or is it a fixed document?
- Is the Supreme Court to interpret the constitution or change it?
- Should government have more control or less control of society?
These are some of the questions we will attempt to answer from a biblical prospective tomorrow. These questions and issues have come out frequently in the history of the church and our nation. We should be knowledgeable and prepared to answer them with a biblical prospective when necessary. Please don’t forget your spot in Hebrews 3:7-4:13. We will return to this passage again. Continue to review it so that it stays fresh in your mind.
By the way, the questions above may be answered also by purchasing the new Wayne Grudem book, “Politics According to the Bible.” Basically, this book is a theology of politics and an incredible resource for those interested in this area. Wayne Grudem is an incredibly sharp scholar, a Harvard and Cambridge graduate. He has written extensively. His Systematic Theology book is an award winning book used by thousands of seminaries and colleges as a standard text. Get it if you can! Don’t miss it!! Message is titled “Christian and Politics” inspired by Wayne Grudem’s book Politics – According to the Bible: A Comprehensive Resource for Understanding Modern Political Issues in Light of Scripture
“For we can do nothing against the truth, but only for the truth” (2 Corinthians13:8)
“Porque nada podemos contra la verdad, sino por la verdad.” (2 Corintios 13:8)
Pastor James T. Cater
6390 SW 32nd Street
Miramar, FL 33023
email@example.com or Caterluvmy4@aol.com